Pages

Sunday 14 July 2013

Moose Jaw Sunday July 14th

Gayle - It was very difficult to leave my brother Bob and his wife Lynn today. What do you do with tears under a helmet? I put my visor up and took off my glasses and let the wind dry them. But then how would I stop blatting. Next thing I know a hawk flew up out of the ditch right beside us with lunch in his mouth (a mouse). While watching this, my eyes were drawn to the amazing prairie sky, filled with many types of clouds, different layers moving in different directions. That kept me distracted for much of the ride. I had forgotten how beautiful the sky can be. I was still pretty teary that night so...... we're going back on the way home!! I might get those Greek ribs after all.

Great day to ride to Moose Jaw with a stop in Chamberlain for a break from the wind and a sub sandwich for lunch. Branched off  highway #11 to highway # 2 and rode into town to find a room at the Comfort Inn. Headed over to my nephew Jamie's place to meet his new to us daughter Abbegayle and reacquaint with his wife Jennifer and other daughter Kaleigh. Also on hand to greet us was my niece Jennifer Zinn and her youngest daughter Julia. Quite a gathering on the street to check out the bike while sharing hugs and greetings.
Jennifer Zinn's husband Darrell arrived with their eldest child Erica (diirect from a birthday party) before supper was prepared, as of by magic. We certainly felt special to be amongst this crew!


What were saying.......Jennifer? You did a great job of supper!  Check out the mob she fed.

Lots of conversation and laughs while we enjoyed catching up with each others lives.

Theresa Lyons (Jamie and Jennifer Day's Mom) came over after just pulling into town from Calgary and we gave her a poke for not bringing her husband Dave along. A quick phone call solved that and another voice was added to the mix. Gayle had never met Dave before and we were both pleased that he made time for us, on our "one night in town" visit. A pleasure to see them all!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, there is another Canadian air acrobatic team in Canada: the Fraser Blues. Though officially retired, they are performing at our annual Texada Island Fly-In this very day. Looking forward to seeing you both. When? And for how long? Need to top up supplies. Beer? Wine? What brand? See you soon.

    ReplyDelete